Attract the Best Talent Using the Tools the
Best Job Seekers Use
It is certainly true that technology is making an impact on all aspects of the recruiting process. Whether it is recruiters using keyword screening programs to minimize the time spent on the review of resumes, advanced online behavioral analysis systems for job matching, or applicant tracking systems to improve the record keeping process and increase overall visibility of job ads, technology has forever changed the recruitment landscape. No matter the size of a business, identifying the benefits technology can bring is essential to creating an overall successful recruiting platform that draws on the best possible talent.
Here at YPP, our Your SmartSource recruiting division has identified 3 key areas where we believe technology can best be leveraged to attract top candidates: Applicant Tracking, Social Networking/Job Advertising and Candidate Evaluation/Processing.
Below is a breakdown of main areas where we believe companies can maximize the available technology to improve their overall hiring process.
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Assist in maintaining compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Create a professional looking “Careers Page” for company websites, leading to increased exposure.
- Cross post on multiple sites including Indeed.com. Indeed captures an estimated 62% of total job seeker traffic.
- Improve communication and efficiency with applicant processing
- Social Networking:
- LinkedIn is one of the fastest growing sources of applicants and has made networking and employee referrals reach far beyond the local level
- Greater access into the newest trend, mobile access.
- Targets a vast network of users with a common interest when advertising a job or company
- Skills, Behavioral, and Personality Asssements
- Provides insight into the likelihood of success for a given candidate.
- Attracts candidates seeking best fit opportunities including currently employed candidates seeking better fit options.
- Identify common ground between the employee, the position, and the team.
According to a recent study by CareerBuilder, it is estimated that 75% of employed workers are open to a new opportunity. Many of those potential candidates will only respond when someone reaches out to them with good old fashioned human interaction. Recruiting technology allows you to reach the other portion of that population, those who seek opportunities by doing what most of us do when we need to search for something on the internet: “Google It!”. Using an applicant tracking system and creating your own Career Page on your company site allows you to automatically take advantage of job sites like Indeed, which recently was found to have accounted for more hires than all other branded sources combined according to a study done by iCIMS, a premiere applicant tracking service.
While many businesses may not have the resources available invest in a large program for applicant tracking, there are other alternatives that can allow you to take advantage of these services. Many recruiting firms can offer access to their platforms at affordable prices. Ultimately, the goal is to maximize the number of qualified candidates that apply, regardless of where they come from.